We appreciate the support and efforts of our local businesses and the town of Canterbury. We encourage you to buy local!
- Canterbury Community Farmers Market
- Canterbury Country Store
- Town of Canterbury
- Canterbury Center Bed & Breakfast
Owners Lois Scribner and Howard Moffett welcome you to their historic 1790s Canterbury home. You will enjoy their hospitality, their home's historic ambiance in the quaint center of Canterbury and their delectable breakfasts. Lois uses healthy, farm fresh eggs and local and seasonal vegetables fresh from Sanborn Meadow Farm, and other local farms, to make her wonderful breakfasts.
- Marsh Meadow Bison
Wally and Katie Archer raise magnificent bison on their farm in Canterbury. Truly delicious, naturally lean meat raised on pasture without antibiotics or hormones.
- Miles Smith Farm
Carole Soule and Bruce Dawson raise Scottish Highlander cattle on pasture next door to Canterbury in Loudon, NH. The animals are treated well and are free of chemicals and hormones. The on-farm store is a great place to buy their beef as well as their other products and an assortment of locally produced goods. When we eat beef, it comes from Miles Smith Farm!
- Riverland on the Merrimack
Riverland is run by Lucy Nichols, James Farquhar and Ben Nichols-Farquhar. It's a comfy bed and breakfast perched above the Merrimack River. Imagine waking up in the woods to a farm-fresh breakfast made with delicious eggs from Sanborn Meadow Farm before strolling to a sandy beach on the river!
These are links to the people and farms that inspired us to take this crazy leap into agriculture. Their belief in a better way has taught us so much and motivates us to keep up the fight against industrialized food.
ARTICLES & NEWS
- Upset Over Policy Differences and that Major GMO/Chemical Companies are Members of the Organic Trade Association, Nature’s Path Quits the Organization as a Protest to Save Organic
By Max Goldberg | July 23, 2018
- Bringing Farming Back to Nature
By Daniel Moss and Mark Bittman | June 26, 2018
- Healthy soil is the real key to feeding the world
By David R. Montgomery | April 3, 2017
- What’s up with Organics?
By John Ikerd | March 26, 2017
- The seed we need: there’s not enough
By Sophie Mendelson | March 7, 2017
- Here's Why USDA is Wrong to Certify Hydroponics as "Organic"
By Eliot Coleman | March 3, 2017.
- The Rally in the Valley: Organic without soil is like democracy without people.
By Dave Chapman | December 21, 2016
- Why You Can’t Have Organic Food Without Soil
By Eliot Coleman | Agroecology, Commentary | April 13, 2015